Wanting to celebrate a special event, a couple went to their favourite high-end restaurant and ordered dinner and a $1000 bottle of wine. They raved about how exquisite it was! Worth every penny!
It turned out that the waiter had made a mistake and brought them a $30 bottle of wine!
Draw your own conclusions.
A single bottle of each of the 10 most expensive wines today would fund a comfortable retirement.
- Screaming Eagle Cabernet 1992 – $500,000
- Jeroboam of Chateau Mouton-Rothschild 1945 – $310,000
- Cheval Blanc 1947 – $305,000
- Shipwrecked 1907 Heidsieck – $275,000
- Chateau Lafite 1869 – $230,000
- Chateau Margaux 1787 – $225,000
- Ampoule from Penfolds – $168,000
- Chateau Lafite 1787 – $156,450
- Henri Jayer, Vosne-Romanée Cros Parantoux 1999 — $136,955
- Cheval Blanc St-Emilion 1947 – $135,125
It might be worth reviewing the greater fool theory.
On another issue, here is what Rosi and I plan to do today when the market opens at 9:30 AM.
Our core portfolios hold nothing but SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (SPY). Warren Buffett would approve.You need to login to view the rest of the content. Please Login. Not a Member? You can now sign up for a one-month free trial membership. Join Us