1. Saying “I’ll be greedy when others are fearful” is much easier than actually doing it.
2. The gulf between a great company and a great investment can be extraordinary.
3. Markets go through at least one big pullback every year, and one massive one every decade. Get used to it. It’s just what they do.
4. There is virtually no accountability in the financial pundit arena. People who have been wrong about everything for years still draw crowds.
5. As Erik Falkenstein says: “In expert tennis, 80% of the points are won, while in amateur tennis, 80% are lost. The same is true for wrestling, chess, and investing: Beginners should focus on avoiding mistakes, experts on making great moves.”
Finally, unrelated to the above, please note that we offer a free half-hour discussion with you to allow you to see whether our one-on-one coaching program ($C300.00 including taxes) suits your investing needs. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.