In our post of January 20, 2021, titled How to avoid hidden fees and prosper, we stated:
“More crime, much of it legal, is committed on Wall Street before noon than any other place in the course of an entire year. (“Behind most great wealth, there is a great crime.” Honoré de Balsac)”
Legal crime? The list is long and goes back to ancient times.
- You and I would go to jail for trading on insider information but until recently, that did not apply to members of the US congress.
- Jim Crow laws enforcing racial segregation
- Going back to the 18 century BC, the code of Hammurabi included the death penalty for harvesting timber illegally
- Numerous presidential pardons, a continuation of many-hundred-year-old royal pardons
- The treatment of women in many Islamic countries
Millions of investors are victimized by Wall Street crime, much of it legal. Here is what we can say about that.You need to login to view the rest of the content. Please Login. Not a Member? You can now sign up for $12 for a one-year membership. Join Us