In 1990, the Toronto Stock Exchange launched financial history’s first exchange-traded fund. They called it “Toronto 35 Index Participation Fund” (symbol TIPs).
There are more ETFs now than there are individual stocks. We can ignore them all except the ones which track of the S&P 500.
- iShares Core S&P 500 ETF (IVV)
- Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (VOO)
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (SPY)
- Schwab U.S. Large-Cap ETF (SCHX)
- iShares S&P 500 Growth ETF (IVW)
- Guggenheim S&P 500 Equal Weight ETF (symbol RSP)
The first five are market-cap-weighted. The sixth one is equal-weighted.
In line with their asset allocation, Monday Morning Millionaire Program members keep form 30% to 70% in one of these with the balance in a money market fund.
Please note that the Monday Morning Millionaire Program contains opinions only. It does not provide any investment advice or endorsements.