- We have seven grandchildren, all under the age of 12.
- We will put $5,000 per grandchild, that is, $35,000 all told, into an investment portfolio and never add more to it.
- If more grandchildren come along, we will add another $5,000 per grandchild.
- We will run the portfolio within the philosophy of the Monday Morning Program.
- When we get tired of running it, we will hand it over to one of our three MBA children. All three practice the six habits of Monday Morning Millionaires.
- If, down the road, the MBA no longer wants to run the operation, he/she can hand it over to someone else and maintain the philosophy behind the concept.
- We will pay all taxes incurred and have the resulting money divided among the grandchildren in 2070.
That says, 2070! Fifty years from now!
Historically, the market has had a compound annual rate of growth of 10%. At that rate, the total value of the investment will be $5,087,947.32!
In 2070, the portfolio will be divided equally among the grandchildren.
There are considerable potential problems if we simply have a verbal agreement with our children on this. Rosi and I are confident that the risk is low.
Anyone can modify this program to suit personal needs including the amount of money set aside, whether or not to add more to it, whether to have legal agreements, and so on. The crucial thing here is having compound interest at work.
Generally, people think well of their grandparents. Your grandchildren will think so to and even greater extent if you set up the program described above.
We have designed the Monday Morning Millionaire Program to offer abstracted investment education. Over the last two decades, the program has outperformed over 90% of portfolios, including professionally managed ones.
The program does not provide any investment advice or endorsements.
With fewer than 350 words, members can read this post in less than five minutes. Following and studying the links embedded in these posts would take longer. How members manage a post depends on their level of interest and investing knowledge.